5.05.2007

BAR-low Girl and -b-que

Tonight was busy with both the Bar-b-que judging at WhistleStop in Huntsville and with trying to get back to Athens in time to go to Soulstock and not miss Barlow Girl.

I signed a few posters when I got there. (I was the poster artist this year!)



Serious judging of bar-b-que chicken going on in this photo. All of it was great! But I had to be more discerning than that...I enjoyed meeting Bryan, Robert and Paige, fellow judges sitting at my table.



Here is some bar-b-que chicken to make your mouth water. The 6 pieces we judged were all laid out on a place-mat thing in order for us to judge them in turn on taste and tenderness.



Well, God made a way! I didn't get home from Huntsville till around 8:30, then I got my daughter Caroline and we headed up to Beasley Field to see what was left of Soulstock, and what do you know? Barlow Girl started at 9pm! Yay! What a blessing they were to the HUGE crowd gathered there. (There were thousands!)



Barlow Girl totally rocked! I am so proud of their ministry to young women and teens. They are captivating women--vessels for the Lord. Visit their site to learn more about these 3 women--they're sisters!