5.25.2007

The Greatest Workshop Students!

Last weekend was my first workshop to kick off my summer workshop season, and it was amazing. Ten students! I usually cap it off at fewer, but I had so many sweet people wanting to attend. They were such a blessing to me--reminding me how much I love to teach. We had an intense workshop for beginners. They learned about brushes, canvas, painted a color wheel, then each chose a photograph to paint a painting from. They did a fabulous job--every one of them! Enjoy some of the photos...

A new Hunstville student, Beth Mosier--she painted some awesome pears...look at the intensity in her face!


Her good friend Christie Hoffman painting so fast her arm is blurry--working on an abstract. Christie is already a talented painter...


Sandy from Birmingham did a fabulous job on her frog--don't you think?


Group shot of my students working hard!

The grand finale was when Guy McClure GAVE me a painting he painted of my BLISS magazine cover (from 2001). He did a fabulous job making me look prettier. haha! I'm thrilled to have Guy back in Athens from living in Prvidence, RI for many years. He is one awesome guy--very kind, cultured and talented. His mom was my first grade teacher too--LOVE her.


One happy painting teacher :)
Thank you--all of you who attended--you were great!

Look for my next workshops on my site in the workshops section.