5.18.2007

Awesome Art House

Last night's Art House was faaaaaaabulous!! Thank you to all who came and shared themselves with one another through music, through photography, through painting and through being art/music lovers. It was so awesome meeting new people and professionals in the same field as me!

The food and drink you brought was fantastic as well. We heard from fine musicians along with my band Sister Grace and members of the band Redwood Hill playing awesome bluegrass on their upright bass and banjo! The beautiful floral arangements were done by L & G Home and Wedding Decor--I don't know that I've seen more beautiful arrangements....My friends Marcia and Joy get the "came from the furthest distance awards"--Marcia came from Gadsden and Joy came from Birmingham. Art is such a wonderful thing to celebrate in the midst of all else going on. This sentiment reminds me of one of my favorite quotes. It's by George Bernard Shaw, "Without art, the crudeness of reality would make the world unbearable." Thanks again everyone! Look for the next Art House to come again soon! Be blessed.



Redwood Hill with singers Mark (of Tortilla's Blanco) and Leslie, my assistant.
And also, Stephanie Fenton of Sister Grace adding her guitar.



Awesome flowers by L & G Home & Wedding Decor!

My friend model Marcia Whitaker from Gadsden (shot by Carla Swinney)


Joy Dorriety and me--Joy came from Birmingham!


The best name tag last night! :)


My friend Carla Swinney and her friend Brennen, who played drums for a song!