9.06.2007

Been Cookin'


With yesterday being my daughter Sarah's birthday, I spent most of the day cleaning up a bit at home and baking a cake for her party last night (It went so well and we had a ball!). Today I am in much the same mood for cooking since we have a covered dish meal tonight with our WOW women's ministry at church. My band Sister Grace is going to lead praise and worship music. Anyway, I'm on a roll in my desire to cook more. (Anyone know/have a good cooking blog? Leave it as a comment please) Today's dish is a pasta dish--rotini and macaroni in a light pesto sauce with sundried tomatoes, artichokes, sauteed portobello muschrooms, sauteed spinach and shaved asiago cheese. MMmmm!!! I sampled it for lunch. If your mouth is watering and you are a lady, you may partake of this dish tonight! In the background is the yummy cake we had last night--chocolate chip pound cake. The beautiful bowl is by an awesome potter, Conrad Lippert--you can purchase some of his pieces at Pablo's On Market in downtown Athens. Bon Appetit! Time to go paint....