1.31.2009

Strokin' Lucille



detail

Wow! An unblocking occurred Friday! Feels great to have accomplished a painting that simply flowed. That hasn't happened in a while. And while I do have other commissions to complete it is just imperative that I do others every now and then to feed my creative soul.

With that being said, I was inspired to do this painting of B. B. King for my husband who has been waiting patiently for a blues singer to put in our lounge here at my studio/gallery. It has a blues bar feel, and this will go great with the existing Van Morrison and huge Corona beer bottle paintings that I did as gifts to Todd that are there already.

This photo isn't that great. I am going to be photographing it with my professional camera soon, but I couldn't wait to share it! Let me know what you think, and if you might be interested in a print of it OR the original at the "right" price. ;)

Acrylic on Canvas, 24 x 36 Inquire about price and prints