2.15.2008

And the News IS...

As of yesterday, I have work in a Birmingham gallery! yay! This has been a goal of mine for a long time, but honestly haven't had time to pursue the goal in years. But even better, the opportunity found me! That's how things work. I had a client, precious Carla Ingram of Birmingham, who is a sales rep for some beautiful designer items, who recommended me to the owner of this wonderful place. Wasn't that sweet? She is awesome, and we became friends instantly the day she came to pick up her painting last November.

Upon entering the building, you see Lee Ann serving a client with her beautiful smile--and huge blue eyes!



The long hall where designers will each have their own vignette space. See Carla below in her cool Valentine-sy coat. I found out yesterday we each have a coat fetish!


Below, my and Claire's artwork that Judy is cataloging. Yes, I pedal Claire's work too. ;)


The Commissary Design Warehouse
is more than a gallery--it is many galleries for talented designers and artists--a marketplace for designers to showcase their talents and an art gallery. Lee Ann is the owner, and Judy Butler (also an artist) are the ones in charge--so warm, friendly and talented! You have to go by there if you're in the Birmingham area. The building has been restored, which I love--old historic buildings that are revived with new life.

So, yes, I am so thankful to have received all of this--Carla's friendship which led to her mentioning me to the girls at the Commissary, who asked me to show in their new endeavor. Another example of how I'm blessed!