4.11.2007

WhistleStop Festival!



Today I attended a press conference for the WhistleStop Festival where they unveiled my painting. Ta da! The festival is coming up May 4th and 5th and is gearing up to be an awesome time--music, bar-b-que, children activities, etc. It is one of the biggest bar-b-que festivals in the U.S. The festival supports the EarlyWorks Museums which include Constitution Village, the Depots in downtown Huntsville. You may have attended it before under the name Rocket City Bar-B-Que.

I was asked to paint a painting that would be used for a commemorative poster. I was thrilled to be asked since this is the first year that they will have had a poster artist! The press conference was done right--they know how to get the press there! They served an awesome buffet of bar-b-que, beans, an awesome slaw salad and a tasty key lime CAKE. Not pie, but cake. Well, you can only imagine--all the news stations were there along with some radio stations. Julie Slaten and Dorothy Havens have been great to work with on this project. I thank Patrick Chesnutt for recommending me!