6.03.2009

Plein Air Painting Last Saturday


As you may know from reading a previous post, I was thrilled to be joining a couple of friends--Karen Whitley and Karen Smith to plein air paint at a farm in beautiful Tennessee last Saturday.  I wasn't able to upload pics as the day went since there was no cell service where we were.  So, I'm sharing a few shots from the day to express how awesome it was!  Mellissa Meeks put it together, and it was a fantastic day in every way.


Karen Whitely shot this of me while I was painting.  I chose to sit on the ground to get a funky view of the barn and closer view of the rooster cage.  So much fun...


Chillin' and assessing.  The roosters were amazing.  It had been so long since I had been around any.  It reminded me so much of my grandfather's dairy farm in Louisiana just being there.  Walking up and sticking my head in the barn doorway took me back with the smell of ground corn feed filling my nose.  Isn't it funny how smells can do that?

Thanks to all who made this day possible--God and Mellissa!

My Color Cafe class will be plein air painting through the summer in fun locations.  Stay tuned for the list of locations coming soon!  Consider joining up with us!