2.24.2007

Update

Well, it's been 11 days since my tonsillectomy. I so appreciate every prayer, phone call, card, visit, smoothie, Ice cream, flowers, favors that everyone has given/done for me. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I can't thank you enough. Friends and family are golden and I love you all!

I am still in bed a good bit recovering, trying to take it easy per doctor's orders and because the pain med I'm still taking makes me sleepy. This surgery is like none other that I've ever had in that you don't just snap back in a matter of 2-3 days and you're off your pain med and truly recuperating. Let me tell you--adult tonsillectomy is a truly awful experience. I have a huge pain tollerance, but this IS the most painful experience I've ever had in my life. And it is that way for most adults who have to endure this surgery. Dr. Light told me that it would be. He was right. I haven't had any nightmare additional issues like some do such as having a bleeding episode from stitches bursting open after a sneeze or a cough. In fact, my surgery didn't use stitches--my tonsil area was cauterized.

Anyway, I'm doing okay--pretty well, actually. I'm eating some! But not alot. I've lost 8 lbs. but I'm sure it will come back. Stamina is fair, but needs to get better so that I can get back into my life shooting photography, painting, playing drums/singing with my band. I look forward to it! Typical recovery time 2 - 3 weeks for adult tonsillectomy. Almost there! Right?
Hope YOU'RE great!