10.31.2009

Going Back to my Roots

Mies van der Rohe's Barcelona Chair

I have been perusing design blogs the past week or so and have found such joy in reading about design as I did for my degree in Interior Design from Auburn University-20 years ago. Yes, my degree (with Honors) is actually in design and not art. How many of you knew that? Anyway, when I studied Mies van der Rohe and Le Corbusier--I always wanted to own their designs as art pieces. The lines are so simple and evocative. I will have pieces like these one day! But in mind is churning a really cool painting series! You'll have to wait and see what it is in the new year! I have too many commissions to do before years end to really get this one going, but stay tuned!


Le Corbusier sofa




Christine Keeler in an Arne Jacobsen chair

My sentiments exactly! Sexy design.