8.16.2009

Encaustic Basics Workshop Announced!

By popular demand! Tuesday Night, August 25, 5:30pm - 9:30pm, bring nothing but your creative mind and soul and learn an old method of painting--with beeswax! Mix molten beeswax and pigment and you have your paint ready to go.


Paint fast onto a hard board--we'll use clayboard, and let it cover and cool.  Then take your torch (as in above photo) and fuse that layer.  Create lots of layers and create lots of melted wonder!  Research the work of one of my favorite encaustic artists, Jasper Johns and see how he worked with this medium.


My flag is done somewhat in the flavor of Jasper's but is very much my own.  It is a diptych --made from 2 boards.  It is for sale in my gallery, and you can contact me for info! ;)

Encaustic is expensive to do.  The paint either is made (very time and labor intensive) or expensive to be purchased ready-to-go.  This is passed on to the consumer.  Just so people know. ;)

I learned this process just over a year ago in Carmel, California.  It has been so much fun.  I hope to share it with some of YOU!

Tuesday Night, August 25, 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Open to 4 Students
$495 per person

Download Workshop Registration Form in the Sidebar
Send it Tuition
You'll be set!