7.03.2008

Art Camps Begin Next Week


On Monday, I will have a ton of kids coming for 4 days of Art Camp! This is one of my favorite times of the year when I open my studio to young budding talented children.  They are such a blessing with their sense of awe and creativity!

Last week, I had the opportunity to apprentice one-on-one with Olivia who attends Bob Jones--the school voted as having the best art department in the nation 2 years in a row!  So, I was honored to have a student from there.  We had a great time together--we painted plein air right out on the sidewalk downtown in front of my building--a cityscape of the buildings next door with an extreme angle of perspective.  She did a beautiful job!  Part of the apprentice time was learning how to shoot photography of your work and post it on the web to a painting blog that we create.  See Olivia's blog here and her wonderful painting!

There are a few spots left in the 9 - 13 year old class which goes from 3pm - 5pm Monday through Thursday.  Let us know if your child would like to attend by calling the studio (256.232.2521) or emailing us