5.19.2012

"Hello Dolly" and AnnaMaria






Yesterday in the gallery I had the pleasure of meeting with two different clients. One commissioned drawings  as a surprise to his new wife, and I'm so excited to to do drawings of the subject matter, but it's a surprise and you will see them later. 

And another heartwarming story came to life when a young lady came to pick up "Hello Dolly" that she purchased.... 

This story is that she had a great friend who was 89 years old, who died on May 13-Mothers day. This sweet lady loved life and had an infectious energy and love for others that she passed on every chance she got. She would play and sing Louis Armstrong songs all the time. And with her German heritage she loved hanging out with her German friends in Madison. She rarely went out without a hat and looking stunning. She thought everyone else looked wonderful too! So my client, Lisa, wanted this Louis Armstrong painting to honor AnnaMaria. 

I long for my art to have meaning to people and create an impact on them as they view it. I am grateful for those two opportunities yesterday....