2.03.2010

Wellness Living

It's the new year, and lots of people are resolving to do different things, and so I found it appropriate to share my latest quest-trying to like bananas. I would also like to shed the 5 or 6 lbs I've found the past couple of years. So, I am going back to my roots! I used to teach aerobics right smack dab in the middle of the 80s, and alot of jumping around, hi-stepping and grape-vining to awesome tunes is what gets my blood pumping. I'm still doing my yoga though since it's so great to re-align, stretch and strengthen as well.

But the real challenge in all of this is eating better--noticing what and how much I put in my mouth. I've always wished I liked bananas, but as most people who know me KNOW that I hate them. That is one big difference between my identical twin and me. I used to spit them out as a baby, and she didn't.

So, I've started making smoothies. They're great when you want to drink on the go, but want to have your healthy stuff to eat too. Today's smoothie did just that. Here's what was in it:

A cup of Greek honey yogurt
About a cup of Light Vanilla Soy Milk
About 2 1/2 inches of a banana
About 4 or 5 strawberries cut up
About 1 TBSP of flaxseed

Blended for about 40 seconds in the blender. Voila!


Let me know if you try it. I thought it was great! Stay tuned for more tips on Wellness Living as they come about!

*Update:

Today, I took some advice from a friend on Facebook to add protein powder to it. I tweaked the rest of it by adding one more strawberry, and it was DIVINE! Tomorrow, I will take another piece of advice by freezing my banana. Here is a photo of the ingredients. Enjoy!