2.25.2010

Painted Violins for Crescen-Dough Auction


Do you remember a few months ago, I posted a photo of me painting something that was blacked out? Well this is what it was. Last summer, a sweet lady and a mutual friend of ours visited me at my studio and romanced me into agreeing to be a part of the Painted Violins Event for the Huntsville Symphony.


It was a bit daunting to think I had to paint something on a violin, and even more daunting as to WHAT to paint and it still be my style, my choice in things to paint, etc. It took quite some time to come up with it as the violin sat on the back of my shelf hidden so that no one would know about this. After all, it is not until the unveiling that people find out who the 5 artists are--the lucky 5 who are asked to do this. I was honored to be among a fine group of people who were also in the same boat with me! My subject as you can see was the Eiffel Tower.


The awesome Mark Singer and me

Tonight the unveiling took place at the home of the Painted Violins major sponsor--the beautiful Progress Bank just yards away from the Huntsville Museum of Art. It was a very nice event, and people were really excited to see the violins that were handed out to us and transformed into all kinds of feasts for the eyes! Each one was totally unique and lots of fun!
Thank you to Progress Bank and the Huntsville Symphony's Crescen-Dough Auction for allowing me the honor to be a part of this great event. Be sure to place your bid on one of the violins at the Crescen-Dough Auction in April! More details to follow...


The beautiful poster