2.11.2014

WORK IN PROGRESS

New paintings are in the works! I plan to have a showing of new pieces this Spring in Birmingham, so listen out for that.  Jesus will be a prominent subject on my easel as well with Lent coming soon too.  Below I'm sharing details of paintings that are not finished, but give you an idea of what they'll be.  This Jesus is for a book that will be published by a local author this Spring. Also on my easel are figures done in an impasto (textural) style in the flavor of the great Italian artist, Caravaggio who had figures emerging from darkened backgrounds--much like in photography, working with one single light source.  I hope these will speak to viewers!  They come from my heart. 

Hoping your 2014 is going great and that your are able to live more artfully in your days!