- It costs nothing, but creates much.
- It enriches those who receive it, without impoverishing those who give it.
- It happens in a flash and the memory of it sometimes lasts forever.
- None are so rich they can get along without it and none so poor but are richer for its benefits.
- It creates happiness in the home, fosters good will in a business and is the countersign of friends.
- It is rest to the weary, daylight to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad, and Nature's antidote for trouble.
- Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed or stolen, for it is something that is no earthly good to anybody till it is given away.
- And if in the stress of our days, some are tired and weary to give one, may we ask you to leave one of yours?
- For nobody needs one so much as those who have none left to give!
Whoever can guess what I am referring to receives a surprise today!
A photo of the answer will be posted as soon as someone answers!
Most of this text was take from an excerpt from a book by Dale Carnegie, How to Win Friends and Influence People, written in 1936. I changed a couple of things and added to it.
Have a great day!