3.09.2007

My First Commercial!!

Some people know that I am a commercial model-some don't. I started modeling at the same time that I was getting my schooling for painting and photography about 16 years ago. I posed for both types of classes, and several years later now, I am still modeling--when both things happen: I get a call AND have the time. This week, a very keen eye in a young man ( O'Harold, who does grahic design for WAFF 48) saw me at a fashion show in Huntsville that my daugther was modeling in, and kept saying that I looked familiar to him. I never know if people really mean that, or if they just maybe saw me in the paper for an art exhibit or something about Mission Makevoer, etc. But as we talked and it was obvious he was beating his brain over it, he finally asked if I was on a billboard, and then I struck the infamous Cluxton's Jewelry billboard pose, and he snapped his fingers and said, "Yes! That's where I've seen you!" I was in awe. Because that billboard only shows the lower portrion of my face--from my nostrils and down. Keen eye! Wouldn't you say?


A SHOT FROM THE SAME SHOOT OF THE CLUXTON'S BILLBOARD

Just for fun, I wanted to share this commercial I did a few years ago for the Memphis Museum of Art. It was my first commercial that I ever did after signing with Real People Models & Talent in Birmingham. I wanted to share it because the work that I've done rarely gets seen by anyone I know since Birmingham's market is different from ours here in North Alabama.


Now, you know why I love shooting model/talent! I have gotten to know several fellow models and love working with them! They are now my friends.