3.28.2010

A Dream Come True For Me




For years now, I have wanted to use my gift of painting more and more for ministry, and this week it will happen in a  very dramatic way!  Ryan Leffel (above), Music Minister at First Baptist Church in Athens invited me to the very thing I've wanted to do: paint live during a worship service.  And you know what?  Maundy Thursday is my favorite service of the year bringing to heart the very suffering that Christ did for us.  The pain doesn't last long as we anticipate the incredible joy of the risen Christ on Easter Sunday.  Below is the image that I will be painting.  This is one I did this week to practice, and I think it's the best one I've ever done! It's a large piece: 48"x48". If you would like to join us, please do! Click the flyer above to enlarge it.  We hope to see you Thursday night in Athens bringing Christ to life through communion, music and a visual experience you've never seen before.